- 12′ h. x 42″ d. Teardrop upright. New. 3-3/16″ x 2-11/16″ x 14 GA. steel column. 23,600 lbs. capacity @ 48″ beam spacing. Includes 4-11/16″ d. x 5-5/16″ w. x 1/8″ enlarged foot plates. Color: Royal Blue. Weight: 80 LBS. Part Number: T00110448
- 60″ x 5.5″ Teardrop Step Beam. New. 13,110 lbs. cap./pair. Includes factory installed auto-locks. Color: Safety orange. Weight: 22 LBS. Part Number: UL506444
- 42″ deep x 48″ dia. Coil Holders. New. NOTE: Includes V-Shaped Steel Angle Cradle.
- 0.120x5x7.75 Shim. Weight: 1.3 LBS. Part Number: U0075048
- 0.060x5x7.75 Shim. Weight: 0.8 LBS. Part Number: U0075033
- 4-1/4″ x 1/2″ Anchor Bolts. New. (Four per upright, two per footplate). Weight: 0.22 LBS. Part Number: T0034139
NOTES: Est. Lead Time: 5-7 weeks. Ships best way pre-paid & add. Freight Class 65. FOB: Chicago, IL 60160 or San Diego, CA 92154
Coil racks can store large steel master coils that weigh from 6,000 – 10,000 LBS up to 3-4 coils high!
Coil racks are very popular with steel suppliers, distributors and metal fabricators. Clear up floor space by utilizing the air space. Stack up, not out. Our coil storage rack system will allow you to better utilize the vertical storage space in your warehouse.
You are paying for every square foot of storage space in your warehouse. Why not use every square foot. Coil racks come in starter units and add-on units. Each unit consists of an upright frames, adjoining beams and coil cradles (or coil beds). We design the coil rack around the size and weight of your coil.
The capacity of coil rack is designed by engineers to support the load weight of your coil. The front and back beam is what supports the coil weight. The cradles are not designed to handle the entire weight. Therefore we recommend that coils extend over front and back of cradle approx. 3″ in order to insure that beams of rack system support the weight.
NEW PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT: We are now introducing the “catch-all” coil rack solution that offers you the greatest flexibility by allowing you to store multiple coil sizes of variable depth from 24″ to 60″ IN THE SAME CRADLE. Our DOUBLE DEEP COIL RACK system is ideal for storing larger, heavier coils because it is configured with 2 uprights (back to back) with 4 beams per level (1 front beam, 2 interior beams and 1 back beam).
The most important rule of coil rack is that all coils must be supported by a front and back beam. The factory does not recommend putting all the weight on just the cradle. That is considered a point load (we avoid point loads at all cost because they can cause rack failure and shelf collapse). We are conservative about the design of our coil racks. It’s just not worth the chance of something going wrong.
Coil Rack Features and Benefits Include:
• Coil racks can be engineered to handle coil weights ranging from 6000 lbs., 8000 lbs. up to 10,000 lb. We are NOT able to supply coil rack for coil reels weighing over 10,000 lbs.
• Coils racks consist of following components: Upright Frames, Beams & Coil Cradles.
• We offer two styles of coil racks each with it’s on unique style of coil cradle. Coil rack is constructed of either roll formed or structural steel. Coil cradles are either constructed of round tubular steel or inverted steel angles. The roll form rack with inverted steel angle cradles are less expensive and can be designed to handle the weight.
• Coil Racks have an integral coil cradle that sets on the beams and helps support the coil. The coil cradle stays fixed to the beams at all times and has two inverted steel angles (or round tubes) that run front to back on the shelf and provide support.
• The frame depth of uprights is designed to equal Coil Depth (or width). Coils must always be supported by the front and back beam of the coil rack. Our coil cradles are made for specific coil diameters.
Let us design a heavy-duty coil rack system to store your steel coils. Please call one of our friendly and knowledgeable sales people at 800-763-9020 to discuss your requirements. You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to speaking with you.
NOTE: Coil racks and Coil Cradles are only designed to store full size master coils or pup coils, not slit coils. Slit coils should be stored at floor level or on their side (stored on pallets).