Steel Coil Storage Racks
We can design, deliver and install steel coil racks in almost any configuration you want. Please call us at 800-763-9020 or email email@example.com. We would be happy to discuss your requirements and find a wire coil rack system that fits your needs.
NOTES: Est. Lead Time: 5-7 weeks. Ships best way pre-paid & add. Freight Class 65. FOB: Chicago, IL 60160, North East, PA 16428 or San Diego, CA 92154
Coil racks can store large steel master coils that weigh from 6,000 – 12,000 LBS up to 3-4 coils high!
Steel coil racks are very popular with steel suppliers, distributors and metal fabricators. They allow you to clear up floor space by utilizing unused air space. Stack up, not out. Our coil storage racks will allow you to better utilize the vertical storage space in your warehouse.
We highly recommend coil racks for increasing your warehouse safety. Not only do coils take up a ton of space, they can also be dangerous if not stored correctly. If left out on the floor, they create a tripping hazard. Because they’re extremely heavy, they can cause a lot of damage or injury. You can trust the coils will be secure with our steel coil rack system. Wire and coil storage racks are built specifically to keep you, your personnel, and space safe!
You are paying for every square foot of storage space in your warehouse. Why not use every square foot. Steel coil racks come in starter units and add-on units. Each unit consists of an upright frames, adjoining beams and coil cradles (or coil beds). We design the coil rack around the size and weight of your coil.
The capacity of coil rack is designed by engineers to support the load weight of your coil. The front and back beam is what supports the coil weight. The cradles are not designed to handle the entire weight. Therefore we recommend that coils extend over front and back of cradle approx. 3″ in order to insure that beams of rack system support the weight.
Not only do steel coil racks improve safety, but they also help maximize your storage density. By using vertical storage, you store much more than you would if you just used floor space. Coils are extremely heavy – between 6,000 and 12,000 pounds – but our system is made of steel and is engineered to stack up to four levels high.
NEW PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT: We are now introducing the “catch-all” coil rack solution that offers you the greatest flexibility by allowing you to store multiple coil sizes of variable depth from 24″ to 60″ IN THE SAME CRADLE. Our DOUBLE DEEP COIL RACK system is ideal for storing larger, heavier coils because it is configured with 2 uprights (back to back) with 4 beams per level (1 front beam, 2 interior beams and 1 back beam).
This is a great way solution for maximizing your storage efficiency! You don’t have to buy multiple systems for various size coils. The system is designed to store a variety of weights, so you don’t have to worry about unequal distribution of weight.
The most important rule of steel coil racking is that all coils must be supported by a front and back beam. The factory does not recommend putting all the weight on just the cradle. That is considered a point load (we avoid point loads at all cost because they can cause rack failure and shelf collapse). We are conservative about the design of our coil racks. It’s just not worth the chance of something going wrong.
We supply two types of steel coil rack: 1. lower cost Roll Form Coil Rack and 2. Heavy Duty Structural Coil Rack. Roll formed coil rack is made of 4″ wide x 3″ deep x 11 GA teardrop uprights, roll formed beams and steel angle coil cradles. Structural coil racks is made of hot rolled structural c-channel steel uprights, structural beams with nut & bolt end pieces and round tubular coil cradles. Structural is more expensive but has more durability and impact resistance. Both styles are designed by engineers to handle the weight of your coils.
Coil Rack Features and Benefits Include:
• Steel coil racks can be engineered to handle coil weights ranging from 6000 lbs., 8000 lbs. up to 10,000 lb. We are NOT able to supply coil rack for coil reels weighing over 10,000 lbs.
• Coils racks consist of following components: Upright Frames, Beams & Coil Cradles.
• We offer two styles of coil racks each with it’s on unique style of coil cradle. Coil rack is constructed of either roll formed or structural steel. Coil cradles are either constructed of round tubular steel or inverted steel angles. The roll form rack with inverted steel angle cradles are less expensive and can be designed to handle the weight.
• Coil Racks have an integral coil cradle that sets on the beams and helps support the coil. The coil cradle stays fixed to the beams at all times and has two inverted steel angles (or round tubes) that run front to back on the shelf and provide support.
• The frame depth of uprights is designed to equal Coil Depth (or width). Coils must always be supported by the front and back beam of the coil rack. Our coil cradles are made for specific coil diameters.
Let us design a heavy-duty coil rack system to store your steel coils. Please call one of our friendly and knowledgeable sales people at 800-763-9020 to discuss your requirements. You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to speaking with you.
NOTE: Coil racks and Coil Cradles are only designed to store full size master coils or pup coils, not slit coils. Slit coils should be stored at floor level or on their side (stored on pallets).
Popular Roll Form Coil Rack BOM:
• 12′ h. x 42″ d. Teardrop upright. New. 3-3/16″ x 2-11/16″ x 14 GA. steel column. 23,600 lbs. capacity @ 48″ beam spacing. Includes 4-11/16″ d. x 5-5/16″ w. x 1/8″ enlarged foot plates. Color: Royal Blue. Weight: 80 LBS. Part Number: T00110448
• 60″ x 5.5″ Teardrop Step Beam. New. 13,110 lbs. cap./pair. Includes factory installed auto-locks. Color: Safety orange. Weight: 22 LBS. Part Number: UL506444
• 42″ deep x 48″ dia. Coil Holders. New. NOTE: Includes V-Shaped Steel Angle Cradle.
• 0.120x5x7.75 Shim. Weight: 1.3 LBS. Part Number: U0075048
• 0.060x5x7.75 Shim. Weight: 0.8 LBS. Part Number: U0075033
• 4-1/4″ x 1/2″ Anchor Bolts. New. (Four per upright, two per footplate). Weight: 0.22 LBS. Part Number: T0034139
NOTES: Steel Coil Racks. Est. Lead Time: 5-7 weeks. Ships best way pre-paid & add. Freight Class 65. FOB: Chicago, IL, 60160, North East, PA 16428 or San Diego, CA 92154
Click on a product title below to view more details.