Column Core Pallet Rack Reinforcement
Let’s face it, pallet rack damage is the #1 leading cause of rack failure. How do you prevent costly rack damage? Two ways: Rack reinforcement which is added at the factory and addressed at the time of purchase and pallet rack protection products. Both will extend the life of your pallet rack and both will … Continue reading Column Core Pallet Rack Reinforcement
Let’s face it, pallet rack damage is the #1 leading cause of rack failure. How do you prevent costly rack damage? Two ways: Rack reinforcement which is added at the factory and addressed at the time of purchase and pallet rack protection products. Both will extend the life of your pallet rack and both will help prevent the two scariest words in the rack business: “Rack Failure”.
There are different kinds of rack reinforcement that can be added at the pallet rack factory. There is double column pallet rack reinforcement, where you add an additional upright column to the front or both columns from the floor up to the first beam level or higher. By doubling up the columns you double the upright capacity, increasing it’s strength and reducing the chance it will buckle upon minor impact.
Another type of rack reinforcement is Column Core, made exclusively by Steel King, that is the benchmark system in the world of warehousing. The factory inserts a C-shaped steel reinforcement inside the roll formed upright column that gives the pallet rack 2-1/2 times more impact resistance. They have tested it by putting the column under a makeshift guillotine and dropped 10,000 LBS on it and it didn’t bend or break.
Besides adding column reinforcement to your uprights at time of purchase you can also add pallet rack protection products to help reduce damage. We offer the industries most extensive line of pallet rack protection products that includes post protectors, end of aisle protectors and guard rails. A wise warehouse manager realizes that investing in a blend of rack reinforcement and pallet rack protection will reduce costly rack damage, increase safety and extend the life of your pallet rack system.
Advantages to Column Core Rack Reinforcement:
- Increases strength and protection of uprights at time of manufacturing and doesn’t require onsite installation.
- Offered in a variety of heights that protects on as high as you want or need.
- Reduces buckling, puncturing and twisting of uprights caused by impact of forklifts, thus helping prevent rack failure.
- Allows you to retain beam adjustability.
- Only offered on our Steel King Upright columns that also include closed tubular columns instead of open back columns that add strength and improve damage resistance.
- Extra reinforcement provides strength against forklift impacts.